Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
What is CPD?
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is all about upgrading knowledge, skills and capabilities to remain effective and compliant.
The world is moving ever faster so on-going CPD training with Nexans is essential to support you in your current role as well as helping you with career progression.
Nexans impartial CPD certified training programs have reached the required CPD standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality. And best of all, they are free!
“The Nexans CPD was a very useful training course to get a better understanding into flexible rubber cables, particularly in relation to their use within data centres and for generators. The CPD was very well presented and received here at Arup and I would thoroughly recommend the CPD to other companies and consultancies”
Ian Johnson - Electrical Engineer, Arup
The Flexible World of Rubber Cables
Overview: This course is designed to teach participants about the different types of rubber cables available in the market today and to their application.
- It provides a brief an overview of each cable, including its benefits, design and features in a fun and interactive experience.
- Participants will also learn about the Construction Products Regulation (CPR), which came into effect on 1st July 2017 and the process to be CPR compliant.
- The course ends with a knowledge test and a helpful jargon buster.
Fire Safety - Low Fire Hazard Cables
Overview: This course is designed to teach participants about low fire hazard cables and how they can contribute to fire safety.
- It provides a brief overview of standard cables versus low fire hazard cables and how the increased use of cables, in modern day construction, has had a dramatic effect on escape times.
- The course looks briefly at the leading standards, testing and regulations, and ends with a knowledge test and a helpful jargon buster.
Discover the hidden world of power distribution cables
Overview: This course is designed to teach participants about power distribution cables.
- It provides a brief overview of the principal designs and the common variants of Medium Voltage (MV) cables. We will also look at the role of Low Voltage (LV) cables.
- In addition, the module will cover the common tests which follow production and installation of these cables, and end with a knowledge test and a helpful jargon buster.
Safe working practices
Overview: This course is designed as an aid to health and safety management, and to help reduce injuries.
- It covers topics that require special attention, including manual handling and, slips and trips.
- It also contains guidance on other hazards found in warehouses, and end with a knowledge test and a helpful jargon buster.
Introduction to cable design - what’s beneath the sheath?
Overview: This course is designed to teach participants about the basics of cable design.
- The programme provides a step by step guide to the cable manufacturing process and will focus on various cable construction materials.
- In addition, the module will cover common tests during and post production, and end with a knowledge test and a helpful jargon buster.