Nexans produces a complete range of standard or customized jumper cables for power and data transmission outside trains, subways and tramways. Nexans manufactures 2 jumper cable types:
- to supply power in each coach,
- to transmit information between coaches and between chassis and bogie inside a coach.
Designed to conform to the railway standards, these halogen-free cables are intended for applications where an extra-flexibility combined with flame and fire retardancy is required. Nexans jumper cables show an excellent mechanical resistance to abrasion, tensile strength and cut through, but also a very good resistance to chemical agents.
Standards and specifications
Jumper cables strictly conform to the following standards: EN 45545-2, NFF 16 101-A1, BS 6853-1A, EN 50 306-1, VDE 0472 Teil 804
- Jumper cables are available in every type of construction according to customer specifications:
- with single and multicore (unscreened and unsheathed and/or screened and sheathed),
- with coaxial or data bus cables,
- with optical elements.
- Very high flexibility level (class 6 stranded conductor)
- High reliability: flex life guarantee > 1million cycles,
- Excellent mechanical and chemical resistance,
- Rated voltage: from 250 to 3000 volts (power).
Flex life guarantee
In order to guarantee more than 1 million flex cycles, we have developed our own test equipment. Each jumper cable is tested to simulate all specific movements endured during operation. The complex movements are controlled on two horizontal and perpendicular axes and can be customized according to specific client needs.