European standard EN 50 382 deals with high temperature rolling stock power cables having special fire performance: flame and fire retardant, halogenfree, low smoke emission, low toxicity and low corrosivity of fumes.
A 140°C conductor temperature is allowed for a 20.000 hours cumulate working time.
Developed by the Nexans R&D laboratories, silicone materials show an excellent mechanical resistance to abrasion, tensile strength and cut through, but also a very good resistance to chemical agents.
Flexible and easy to strip, our cables are designed to meet the stringent requirements of our customers during cabling operations.
Nexans proposes to rolling stock manufacturers 3 cable series of FLAMEX® up to -50°C.
- Type F: with only insulation This type could be manufactured with tinned or plain copper conductor. Silicon rubber made in Nexans plant overlaps requirements of EN 50 382-1 standard; and brings installation advantages thanks to its high abrasion and tearing resistance.
- Type FF: with insulation and sheath This unique version manufactured by Nexans is the highest performance solution made of the highest grade of insulation and sheathing compounds.
- Type FXZ: for mobile uses This type with extra flexible conductor and mechanical reinforced insulation is dedicated to be used as jumper cables between cars or between cars and bogies.
Class of temperature: 120°C (tinned copper) or 150°C (plain copper)
• Voltage rate: 1.8/3 kV or 3.6/6 kV
• Silicon rubber compound performance: mechanical and thermal properties, resistance to oil, acid and alkaline, cold behavior
• Cable designs: with insulation only, or with insulation and sheath, or class 6 conductors for mobile applications.
- Low smoke emission according to IEC 61 034-2,
- Low toxicity (ITC<3) and corrosivity of evolved gases after burning
- Halogen free content according to IEC 60 754-1
- pH > 4 according to IEC 60 754-2
- Conductivity < 100 μS/cm to IEC 60 754-2
- High mechanical resistance (against abrasion, tensile strength and cut through): no additional protection required,
- Excellent chemical resistance (against acids, alkalis, oil, …)