FLAMEX® cables are particularly recommended for the wiring of electronic equipments in low voltage applications. Designed to comply with EN 50 306, the insulation is intended for applications where flame and fire retardancy are required, especially for rolling stock applications.
Developed by the Nexans R&D laboratories, the insulation shows an excellent mechanical resistance to abrasion, tensile strength and cut through, but also a very good resistance to chemical agents.
- Flexible and easy to strip, this single-layer insulation is designed to meet the stringent requirements of our customers during cabling operations.
- They allow weight and space saving (thin wall insulation: 0.2 to 0.3 mm insulation thickness).
- One EN standard available with two industrial processes (chemical and E-beam crosslinking).
- Low smoke emission according to IEC 61 034-2,
- Low toxicity (ITC<3) and corrosivity of evolved gases after burning
- Halogen-free content according to IEC 60 754-1
- pH > 4 according to IEC 60 754-2
- Conductivity < 100 μS/cm to IEC 60 754-2
- High mechanical resistance (against abrasion, tensile strength and cut through): no additional protection required,
- Excellent chemical resistance (against acids, alkalis, oil, fuel, …)
FLAMEX® EN 50 306 cables are available in every type of construction for internal and external uses: single core (unscreened or screened and sheathed), multicore (pair, triple, quad), other constructions on request
- Operating temperature: from - 40°C up to 105°C
- Rating voltage: 600 Vac / 1000 Vcc
- Cross sections: EN 50 306:: from 0.50 mm² to 2.5 mm² (standard versions)
FLAMEX® EN 50 306 cables comply with EN 45 545-2, NF F 16 101-A1, DIN 5510-2, BS 6853-1A, NFPA 130, UNI CEI 11170-3 & GOST-R 31 565