StandardsInternational : ISO/IEC 11801
Description and Application
The LANmark-OF UDPE cable is designed as a outside campus cable. It can be pulled or pushed inside ducts, or can be also directly buried. Its full dielectric armouring does not provide an electrical path and hence the cable can be used to connect buildings.
The central loose tube is surrounded by robust strength elements: Fibre Reinforced Plastic (FRP) units. These FRP provide a high rodent resistant and a high resistant against impacts and compression. There are 9 FRP for fiber counts up to 12FO and then 10 FPR for structure up to 24FO.
The loose tube design has a capacity of up to 24 fibres. Diameter of the fibres is 250 µm. Termination of these fibres is done with splicing of pigtails.
The cable is watertight due to the gel in the loose tube and the watertight bending elements.
Legend accompanying the cross section drawing:
- Optical fibres (250 um)
- Loose tube
- Peripheric Fibre Reinforced Plastic strength elements
- Binding and waterblocking elements
- HDPE outer jacket with UV resistant additive
- Outdoor cable for installation in a duct or direct burial
- Designed for termination by splicing
- Central loose tube design
- All dielectric design with FRP reinforcement and glass yarns
- Waterproof structure, rodent resistant and UV-resistant
- Available in all fibre grades
- Available from 4-24 fibres
- Excellent friction properties
|Ambient installation temperature, range||0 .. 40°C|
|Operating temperature, range||-30 .. 60°C|
|Storage temperature, range||-40 .. 70°C|
|See all products|