Nexans Visio Template (NVT) software update
NVT v3.2 update released
Nexans is pleased to announce the release of the latest update of the Nexans Visio Template (NVT) software tool.
NVT software enables system designers, installers and integrators to create professional rack layout drawings and cabling schematics quickly and efficiently to provide more comprehensive and professional documentation.
The tool includes:
- Product Selector Tool
- Bill of Material (BoM) export to Excel
- Custom page with border and title block
- Intelligent Master shapes
- "Add more" option to fill up products with their components
- Direct hyperlinks to data sheets
- 3D stencils and templates for schematics and presentations
What’s new in v3.2?
- Updated stencils/libraries
- A new stencil covering EMAC (Environmental Monitoring and Access Control) products has been added
- Existing stencils updated to include new products
- most of the master drawings include a product subfamily so that the right product can be easily chosen from the right mouse click menu.
- The diagram window
- This is now integrated in the Visio screen and the tool has been improved.
- The Product Selector automatically shows the data for the shape you just dropped on your drawing.
- The Document Explorer provides the list of components included on your cabinet drawing and provides a quick and easy way to export the BoM to Excel.
- NVT requires Microsoft Visio to be installed. Three versions of the NVT 3.2 are now available to support latest Visio versions: Visio 2007 and Visio 2010 (32 bit or 64 bit versions) are now supported.